5 self care tips you need right now
Self care is a hot topic, but it doesn’t have to be all weekend getaways 👜 and massages 💆♀️
Self-care is so much more than treating yourself - it’s about creating meaningful rituals that cater to your emotional and physical wellbeing 🙌
So here are 5 activities you can infuse into your everyday routines:
- Before you jump out of bed and reach for that coffee, take 2 minutes to intentionally stretch your body. Feel your muscles move, notice the warmth of your bed covers and the thank your body for all it’s going to do today.
- Brush your teeth, but make it calming. Forego the frantic brush-and-scroll and consider what you want your day to feel like and how you want to feel going through it. How can you make those feelings happen for yourself?
- What ever your morning beverage of choice, drink it sitting down and without your phone. Before the day crashes into a series of to-dos and tasks, take a moment to just be and enjoy your warm (or iced 🤩) drink. Notice the pleasure it gives you.
- Elevate your daily shower or bath into a ritual. Instead of going through the motions, give yourself 15 minutes to really immerse yourself in the experience. Feel the warm water, really pay attention to the scents of your products and how they feel on your skin. Your body has taken you through another day, thank her by giving her your undivided attention.
- Set aside 5 minutes for tomorrow. Before you go to bed, think about tomorrow, and what you schedule looks like. Make a list of anything that’s important and write down 2 words that capture the essence of how you want to feel. You can use this as your starting point for your toothbrushing ponderings the next morning.
Which one are you going to try out today?
Leave a comment