Easy Soap Making with Kids
Are you running out of ideas and activities to do with the kids while at home? Here's a fun simple soap making activity that you and your kids can enjoy doing.
What you'll need
1/2 pound of melt and pour soap base
1/4 tsp of Mica pigment (any color you like)
Microwave safe dish or bowl
Silicone Molds of your choice
1. Cut the melt and pour soap base into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Melt the soap by placing the cubes in a microwave safe dish and placing the soap in the microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Take the soap out of the microwave and stir.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the soap has completely melted.
5. Add the coloring and stir until fully incorporated into the soap.
6. Pour the soap into a silicone mold of your choice.
All you have to do is let the soap dry for about 4 hours and you're ready to use.
Consider this as an activity that keeps on giving. My kids absolutely loved making the soap and they can't wait to take baths or showers so that they can use their soap. Enjoy.
Here's some soap that you can enjoy just for yourself.
* I'm not affiliated with Amazon I just found a soap base that I liked.
Leave a comment